Thursday, August 27, 2009

Kids in Heaven at Toys & Co

At least once a month, my son requests to go play at Toys & Co toy store at Friendly Center in Greensboro. They have everything a child could dream of and some very unique toys. The best part is that there are toys out all over the store for kids to play! My little man prefers the race tracks and marble runs. Of course, while the kiddies are being entertained, I usually gather an armful of goodies and start making a pile on the checkout counter. Birthday presents, school supplies, cute stuff I just couldn't pass up.... and my son adds at least one item to his Santa list during the visit. At this rate, I will not only know what he wants for Christmas but have actually seen him play with it. It's a fun place to go and the staff is great. You can tell they are very excited to have kids come in and play.

After we play for 30-45 minutes, we usually head over to Coldstone Creamery. My son chooses some concoction with blue sprinkles and I often indulge in my favorite secret vice--- Chocolate Cake Batter Ice Cream. You gotta try it!

This all makes for a fun outing for mom and kid. You might also be able to sneak in some of your other shopping before the ice cream mood wears off.

No comments:

Post a Comment