Saturday, September 12, 2009

Day at the Fair

We took my son and his cousins to the Central Carolina Fair today at the Greensboro Coliseum. It was pricey as usual, but we all had a good time. The fair seems to have more rides for little ones this year and the ride attendants were very personable. The wristband is definitely the way to go since the kids often find a ride they like and want to ride it over and over again. My son also enjoyed the many games at the fair and we came home with a bag of multi-colored stuffed animals to add to the the Myers Zoo. We also found a vendor selling slushy art. For just $3, the kids can layer their own slushy (like sand art) with the different colors of flavored icee mixture. One of the highlights of the day since it also quieted the "I'm thirsty" whines. I will admit that I was thrilled when darling son threw his slushy away before he got to the yellow layer-- which just happened to be the energy drink flavor choice. Labeled clear as day. Good move, Mom! Even though it was pretty hot today, the fair got me in the mood for fall. I'm starting to get excited about all the upcoming fairs and festivals.

No comments:

Post a Comment