Saturday, August 28, 2010

Solving the School Lunch Challenge

My son started his kindergarten year at Greensboro Montessori School this week and one of the new things in our life now is daily lunch packing. I decided to make a master menu of lunch options for him, divided into food groups. A couple of times a week, he makes out his menu for school lunch, choosing the indicated number of items from each column. After he makes menus for a few days, I go to the grocery store and buy the necessary items. It has made for a few extra errands for me, but other than that has worked great. He's excited about taking lunch, is practicing his writing and is actually eating his lunch. The favorite lunch so far has been scrambled eggs, bacon, toast and watermelon. I would love to hear from other moms about favorite lunch choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment